Hello all! I found an amazing vegan recipe for muffins that I just have to share! If you're a fan of Angela over at Oh She Glows, then you could have discovered them long ago. Even still, I'm just spreading the word on this jaw-dropping-tasty- heavenly -"love" muffin. That's what she calls them after all, and I know why!!
OH yes. This is heaven. Strawberries. Bananas. Pecans. Chia seed. DEE-licious!!
It was a little extra work compared to other muffins recipes I've done but it was well worth it! These little puppies are SO filling. My mom had one and said it filled her up so much, she hardly ate any dinner later!
Strawberry, Banana n' Nut Butter Love Muffins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Makes 12 muffins
- 13/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp. ground chia seed (or flax) + 1/4 cup water
- 1.25 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 heaping tbsp. earth balance vegan butter
- 3 tbsp. nut butter(I used Nutella)
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 large banana mashed, left a bit chunky
- 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the ground chia and water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients (flours, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans, baking soda + powder). Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all wet ingredients (chia + water mixture, milk, warmed coconut butter, nut butter, maple syrup, mashed banana). Mix well.
- Add wet to dry and stir.
- Fold in chopped strawberries, reserving 1/4 of them to sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tin and sprinkle on remaining strawberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
*Note- my instructions & ingredients differ from ohsheglows.com because I changed up a few things
Banana gooey-ness inside, moist & yummy!!
My little munchkin was happy to indulge!
Isn't he just a doll??
Nutrition info- Per 1 muffin serving
Calories - 196
Calcium- 7 gm
Protein- 4 gm
Sodium- 31 gm
Fiber- 4 gm
Vegan living rocks!